Thursday, December 11, 2008

Life's Directions

Just when I think I've got things figured out, something usually happens to change things up. I thought I'd come home, put down roots again and raise my family. Well, obviously that's not so. I'm now divorced and raising my 3 boys on my own. But everything happens for a reason. We may not always readily see the reason and/or purpose of an event in our lives immediately, but eventually we come to the understanding of its purpose in our lives.

I never thought I would ever have the chance to cultivate a relationship with my sister Jennifer. In fact, I thought I had lost her. One of my greatest wishes came true this year and I have been able to not only re-establish communication with her, but I have been able to spend time with her and her family twice!

During my last visit to Utah it became clear to me that it's time to move forward with my life and build a better future for my boys. Although I am so happy to be back in my beloved islands, the next step for us is in Utah. I have begun the relocation process and am so excited to see what the future holds. Not only will I be able to open up a whole world of opportunities for my children, I will also be able to cultivate my relationship with my lost family.

There is no definite map for life....just guidelines. I can't wait for the next chapter in our lives to begin!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Get here already, will you?